How to Maintain Concrete Floors
Epoxy floor maintenance:
Epoxy floors, whether in your garage, pole barn, warehouse, or place of business, are durable and generally have a pristine appearance. Usually our clients want to know how to maintain their newly coated concrete floors, so that they can increase the lifespan, as to not have to tear out and replace or re-coat. If you maintain your floors correctly, and with these steps in mind, you should be able to have a floor that lasts for years to come.
- Spills are going to happen. When a spill occurs, it is important to clean it up as soon as you can, because it could stain or penetrate the coating if it is acidic, or can become slick of it’s oil. All you need to do is use a paper towel or soft cloth to wipe it up.
- If it’s more heavily soiled, first, sweep up any loose debris, then mop the floor with a hard foam mop, hot water, and clear ammonia.
- Routine maintenance for your epoxy floors, only require a soft bristle broom or blue commercial dust mop.
- Another good way to regularly maintain your floor is to spray out with a hose and squeegee dry; this works best if you have a drain or access to the outside.
- If the concrete has been stained, you can use a kitchen scrubbing pad and lightly scrub with just hot water.
- Refrain from using cleaners with acids, like vinegar and citrus, and soap-based cleaners. In particular, the soap-based cleaners will build a residue over time, which will decrease the shine, and the floor will become progressively slippery, even if you have a “slip-resistant” coating.
Polished concrete floor maintenance:
- Place walk-off mats at entryways. When people walk into the building, they will often track dirt and debris in with them. In this case, mats help reduce the amount of dirt that is tracked in.
- Dry mop daily to remove dirt. If dirt is left on the concrete surface, it can scratch and abrade the surface over time, which interferes with the shine and creates a dull appearance.
- Wipe-up spills immediately. In the polished concrete process, we apply densifies, which will help to enhance the stain-resistance of your floor, however, the concrete is still porous, which means it is in your best interest to clean up spills immediately.
And That’s It!
Contact us today for your FREE estimate! We’ll be glad to guide you through the decorative concrete flooring process and then we’ll make sure your in good hands with proper knowledge to maintain your investment! Call us at 720-258-6571!